For this church:
Little known apart from approximate dates of construction given in the History. The plans dated April 1906, drawn when the tower was being rebuilt, show Saxon work at the bases of the junctions of the west wall of the nave with the north and south walls of the tower. The tower itself is indicated as Norman, and 13th century work is indicated in the pillars to the internal tower archway. The rest of the stonework shown on the plan is described as “later”. The section of herringbone brickwork incorporated in the east face of the chancel arch is assumed to be Saxon.