For this church:
The war memorial stands on high ground near the west gate to the churchyard and is about 4 metres tall. It is made from granite and has a cross mounted on a rhomboid base with three steps. Its west face has a sword in bas relief on it and the rhomboid section bears the names of those who died in the 1914-18 war. The memorial was unveiled by Major T.P. Barber DSO on 9 January 1921.
Names of those who died during 1939-45 have been added on the south face. One of these, the Revd Bernard Banting, was the son of the rector William Banting (1937-57) and was an army chaplain. He was taking a service burying a colleague when he stepped back on to a landmine and died instantly.
When the memorial was restored in 2014 the opportunity was taken to add the name of Private George Taylor of the 8th Bn Sherwood Foresters to the south face of the base as there was insufficient space on the west face. Private Taylor died from tuberculosis three weeks after the memorial was unveiled in January 1921 and consequently his name was originally omitted from the list of the fallen.
On the west face:
On the south face: