For this church:
Little is known about the church bells of St Peter in the Rushes. In 1553 they are mentioned when the Commissioners of Church Goods handed over to William Boyth, parson and churchwardens:
‘... on challyce of sylvere & gylte wh a pattente [paten] for the administration of ye Holye Communyon As also too belles of one accorde hangyne in the styple. ...’
By 30 April 1764 there were three bells. These are mentioned in the inventory submitted by the rector, Edward Bell. Six years later in the next inventory he states that in the church are three useless bells. Ultimately in 1772-73 these bells were recast to make four bells for the new church, the old bell frame being discarded.