For this church:
Retford St Saviour
At the top of the south tower is a carillon of eight tubular bells, five of which were given in memory of Edwin and James Ashworth, all of the bells were dedicated in February 1908. The hammers of the bells are each operated by a hand pulled rope, anchored in a wooden frame fitted at gallery level in the tower. The hammers are supported with strips of leather.
There is evidence in the north tower, of there being an earlier, single bell, rope operated from inside the tower at gallery level. The mounting wheel was removed in some recent renovation work, a round ended slot in the floor bears testimony to wear caused by a rope being repeatedly pulled through it from the floor below.