For this church:
Retford St Saviour
List of Incumbents
Vicars of Clarborough and St Saviour’s
At the end of 1933 Edward Hester took up residence in the Clarborough Vicarage in preparation for the separation of the two parishes. He remained as Vicar of Clarborough after St Saviour’s became an independent parish.
St Saviour’s became an independent parish on 10th February 1934. Previous incumbents had been licensed to Clarborough parish to which St Saviour’s was a Chapel of Ease.
Vicars of St Saviour’s
From late 1940 the Rev Cyril Childerstone, a curate at one of the Worksop parishes, was loaned to St Saviour’s, living in the parish. This arrangement was terminated on 31 December 1941 when Mr Ashcroft was discharged from the army.
On 1st January 2002 a Team Ministry was formed, combining the existing parishes of Retford St Saviour, East Retford St Swithun and West Retford St Michael the Archangel into a single parish known as the parish of Retford. The Rev Tony Walker was installed as Team Rector, with a clergy colleague as Team Vicar.