For this church:
Click the numbers in the key plan for details of the items.
There are a few fragments of medieval and Tudor stained glass in several windows of the Meering chapel and elsewhere, though only a little of this appears to be in its original position. Otherwise all windows with glass, except one, are of modern plain glass (either lozenge-, rectangular- or hexagonal-shaped tiles), except for 15, which is stained glass by Geoffrey Webb (1927). Some modern (19th century) signatures have been scratched into some tiles. While some original stonework and tracery survives in the window frames, most show signs of modern (mainly 19th century) restoration.
South aisle, Meering chapel, east window, 5 light lancet (16th century) with cusped round heads and panel tracery, beaded splayed mullion, coved and moulded reveal with four centred arch and hood mould. Plain glass, with fragments of stained glass of c1510, including arms of the Meering family.
South aisle, Meering chapel, s side, quadruple lancets with cusped round heads, beaded mullions, coved and moulded reveals and coved hood moulds. Plain, some fragments of stained glass of c1510, festoons of pearls with a basket of fruit at the apex with label below for the saint; the whole is executed in yellow, blue, and white. There is a signature on Window 4 that reads: 'A. Widnall, Sutton, May 12, 1884.'
South aisle, west end, small lancet with cusped trefoil head and chamfered reveal. The top of the wall opening for the window has been formed from part of a re-used grave marker of the late 12th or early 13th century. Plain glass, with two fragments of earlier glass.
North aisle, restored 15th century triple lancets, the central lancet smaller, with ogee heads, decorated tracery, splayed mullions, chamfered and rebated reveals, with hood moulds with mask stops. Plain glass, some fragments of 15th century stained glass in 12, a five-foil rose within a heart-shaped yellow band border; 13 has the signature of W. Kirkeby, 1840 and a grotesque figure etched into glass.
North aisle, east end, triple lancet (13th century) with intersecting tracery, splayed mullions, chamfered and rebated reveal. Stained glass by Geoffrey Webb (1927), with four standing figures (St George killing the dragon, St Gabriel, with a scroll inscribed Ave gratia plena, St Mary, with the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove descending onto her, and St Ursula, with a book in her left hand and an arrow in her right), named beneath (S. Georgius, S. Gabriel, S. Maria, S. Ursula), with their arms or devices below that; above, God the Father, holding an orb in his left hand, and raising his right hand in blessing, flanked by two kneeling angels, with two winged angels above and an angel’s head in top central roundel. Dedicatory inscription in Gothic script at the bottom:
Chancel, north side, triple lancet (15th century) with ogee heads, panel tracery with billeted transom, splayed mullion, chamfered and rebated reveal with Tudor arched head, hood moulds and mask stops. Plain glass, some fragments of early stained glass; signature (W. Widnall, Collingham, 1857, to Sutton 1878) etched into glass.