For this church:
St Wilfrid’s Mission Church
Nottingham South Deanery
St Wilfrid’s was a small mission church built on Briar Street in The Meadows in 1883 to serve the north-western part of Wilford parish that lay in the borough of Nottingham. The rector of Wilford, the Rev E. Davies, secured the land and built the mission house at a cost of £480.
Little is known of its day-to-day activities.
It is not known when it actually closed, but by 1920 it is no longer mentioned in the Nottingham directories. By the mid-1950s it was being used by a builder and joiner for storage. It was demolished in the late 1960s/early 1970s as part of a land and housing general clearance scheme.
Particular thanks to Doug Fletcher for research on this entry