For this church:
Carlton-in-Lindrick St John
The clock was donated by Robert Ramsden, a local businessman, in 1851. It was valued at £200 and has two dials, one to the north and one to the south, and is placed in the tower.
The clock is a turret clock mechanism by Whitehurst of Derby dated 1851 both on the frame and on the time dial. It is now fitted with electric autowinder units for both the going and striking trains. An attached plaque reads: