For this church:
The limited amount of stained glass dates from the 1881 restoration of the church. A visitor in 1815 noted the lack of ‘painted glass and monuments.’ The greater part of the stained glass is in the chancel.
The east window has four lights depicting the Crucifixion and the Risen Christ. It bears the inscription “Offered to God by Loving Friends in Memory of Amy Wife of Henry Savile of Rufford Abbey Who Died November 21st AD 1878". The window was installed in 1882.
The three single light windows in the chancel (one in the north wall and two in the south wall) were added at the 1881 restoration and are the result of an appeal made in 1880 by the rector, Canon W L B Cator. He sought special contributions for the provision of a stained glass window to commemorate William Mompesson, who was at that time commemorated only by the brass plate in the chancel floor, which was quickly wearing away. The windows depict:
1.Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane
2.The Ascension of Christ
3.Christ the Good Shepherd
Under the window nearest the chancel screen is a plaque carrying the following inscription:
All the chancel coloured glass was made by Alex Gibbs of 21 Bloomsbury Street, London.
The remaining windows are of uncoloured glass and are situated as two double light windows between porch and chancel arch on north and south walls of the nave and single light windows between porch and the west wall.