For this church:
Kirkby-in-Ashfield St Wilfrid
In the wooden panelling at the East end of the Nave and near to the present organ, a small brass plate may be found. It carries this legend:
The organ to which the plate refers was removed in 1963, by the authority of a faculty dated 17 October 1963 and replaced by a Model 357 CP Compton Electronic Organ. (The Book of Remembrance is still in the church.)
A further faculty dated 8 October 1970 gave authority for the installation of a pipe organ instead of the electronic organ. This replacement organ had originally been built by John Banfield in 1888 for a Congregational Church in Birmingham. It was installed and then rebuilt at St Wilfrid’s by Henry Groves and Son of Nottingham. The two-rank mixture stop was added in 1973.
The specification of the stops is as follows: