For this church:
Netherfield St George
Originally all the windows of the church were glazed using plain diamond shaped Cathedral glass set into leaded lights. When the church was built three tall lancet windows dominated the east wall above the altar, the centre one being tall than the outer ones. These three windows were glazed to match the rest of the church. Today these windows are no longer visible from the inside of the church, but may be view from the rear of the properties on the next street.
They are not however the original leaded lights. In 1902 new coloured leaded lights were installed as a commemoration of the Coronation of King Edward and Queen Alexander. The design of new windows was contemporary to the period, based a geometric pattern of circles and curves, using the rich colours of the period. There is no suggestion of religious symbols or figures. The cost of this work was recorded as only £16, which was raised by public subscription. The two outer windows are intact. The centre light only contains the panel set into the most upper part of the lancet. However, the two missing sections are stored in the church vestry. It is not recorded who designed and made the commorative windows.
Alterations carried out in 1947 saw the window openings covered internally to accommodated the raised altar with its backdrop and fittings.