Pleasley Hill
St Barnabas

Glass

The east window has five lights, depicts the risen Christ flanked by St Barnabus, St John, the Virgin Mary and St Paul. It was dedicated in 1925 to the memory of 42 parishioners who died in the First World War.

The east window Detail The inscription listing
the names of the fallen

The inscription at the bottom of the window runs across the three middle lights and reads:

To the Glory of God, and for beautifying of this house, this window was dedicated
in memory of the men from this Parish and Congregation who gave their lives in
the Great War 1914-18:

Above the inscription are three panels containing the names of the fallen:

W. BUSBY

T. CHILTON

J. CLARKE

B. EATON

T. EVANS

G. ALLCOCK

 

G.R.B. HALL

 

J.W. MASSEY

J. ALVEY

 

J.N. HALL

 

H. OWEN

T. ALVEY

 

W.G. HAYES

 

S. PRICE

T. ALLEN

 

W. JACKSON

 

G. PRESTON

P. BINGLEY

 

G. JACOB

 

G. PETITT

S. BUSBY

 

C.S. KEETON

 

L.M. RICHARDSON

W. COOLING

 

J.W. LENTON

 

C. SIPSON

J.W. CLARK

 

W. LANDOR

 

H. SHOOTER

F. CHAMBERS

 

A.S. MUGGLESTONE

 

W.H. STRINGER

D. DAVIS

 

E. MARRIOTT

 

R.J. WRIGHT

T. FROGSON

 

 

 

G.W. WOODWARD

H. FROGSON

A. THOMPSON

H. THOMPSON

S. THORPE

J. SHOOTER

All other windows have plain glass.