For this church:
Attenborough St Mary
Features and Fittings
13th century panelled octagonal stone set on perpendicular pillar base.
Oak, in memory of Catherine Charlton Day (1905-1952).
14th century flanking South door of chancel.
Jacobean carved panels incorporated into modern choir stalls.
The atlar top is Elizabethan (Truman) or 17th century (Tregenzer)
Installed 1928, carved wood.
In Chancel, Organ case, Altar rail and two Priest’s stalls, 1928 all hand-carved by Bridgeman of Lichfield in memory of Josiah Brown and his wife Elizabeth. Oldred Scott is mentioned by Truman as responsible for some work in the Chancel.
Carved lime and oak, (dedicated 1966/7) given by Robert Beake and Mrs Janet Murphy in memory of John Beake (1888-1963).
Carved wooden angel, given by Tom and Amy Danks Preston (1935).
Pews in Nave
In memory of Charles Eric Mason, Churchwarden, 1906-1982.
In memory of Noel Gervis Pearson 1884-1958.
Coats of Arms
Lost Fittings and Adornments
Removed to Chilwell Manor at time of Reformation, finally perished in 1968.
Removed from angel carved corbels either side of altar.
“Death and The Grave”, situated West end of South aisle white washed over in 1840