For this church:
Click the numbers in the key plan for details of the items.
Mee (1937) describes this window which ‘has a choir of red winged angels hovering above, while our Lord in a gleaming gown of rose and gold appears to Mary kneeling in a rich blue robe. This window is in the memory of Thomas Berry, the first man of the village to offer himself for the war [World War I] and the first to fall’.
The window is in memory of David Kirk who died in 1901, aged 67. He had served as churchwarden for 23 years. It is dedicated
A faculty was issued in January 1955 for the erection of a stained glass window at the south-east end of the chancel with inscriptions, words, and figures:
On two scrolls held by angels
at the foot of the window
provided that nothing will interfere with the tracery of the window or the removal of iron bars or supports that may intersect the window.
In March 1916 a faculty was granted to place a stained glass window at the east end of the south aisle. The subject was the Good Samaritan and the window was given in memory of Frank Broadbent, churchwarden 1905-15.
Below which is a plaque which tells us that
On the 25 May 1959 a faculty was issued to enable the erection of a stained glass memorial window inscribed
The conditions of the faculty were that nothing shall interfere with the tracery of the window or removal of iron bars or supports that may intersect the window. And to erect three bronze memorial tablets under the window to:
Henrietta Augusta Constable, eldest daughter of Capt Constable Curtis (1858-1950)
Charles Constable Curtis D.L. J.P., eldest son of Capt Constable Curtis (1852-1936)
Edith Fanny, daughter of the Reverend T G Onslow and wife of Charles Constable Curtis (1857-1944)
The window shows the interests of Lancelot Constable Curtis to whom the window is dedicated, namely the TA, Cricket at Collingham, the Home Guard River Patrol, Coldstream Guards and the British Legion. There are also smaller images which include; a fishing rod and basket, a dog, a rabbit, cricket cap also a bat and ball and a pheasant.
The brass dedication plaques below the window read: