For this church:
Collingham All Saints
A new organ and chamber were dedicated on 2 July 1910. The organ was re-built in 1978. Built by Messrs Abbot and Smith of Leeds in 1910 it was ‘enclosed in a handsome Wainscot Oak Case with Silvered front Pipes, and the builders have introduced their patent “tubular pneumatic” action throughout.’
It has the inscription:
The 19th century organ chamber has decorated timber reredos (1924).
In 1910, the 1874 single manual organ with 8 stops and pedal board was removed and is now in use at Doddington Church, Lincoln. This organ had a dominant freestanding position on the north side of the chancel.
An external electric blower was installed in 1936 and improvements made to the system in 1944 and 1957. In 1977 a campaign was launched to raise money for a rebuild of the 1910 organ to include:
'Renewal of the complicated mechanism which connects the keyboard to the thousand or so pipes which the instrument contains. The new system will be entirely electric.
Provision for a fuller use of the pipework …'
A major rebuild was undertaken by Cousans Organs of Lincoln which included moving the organ case outwards, an improved specification to the organ including 12 additional open wood pipes. Reputedly making it the largest instrument in the area. A service for the ‘reopening and dedication of the church organ’ was held on 17 May 1978.