For this church:
Monuments and Memorials
A plaque to the Rev. Herbert Leek who died in 1772:
Beneath a window is a coloured plaque ‘dedicated to all the benefactors of the Church and all those who worshipped here’.
On either side of the north aisle altar, inlaid into the floor, are two sepulchral slabs which Pevsner considers to be of the same type as at Staunton. During the restoration of c.1815, these were removed from the eastern end of the north aisle (adjacent to the altar) to the porch and were later moved to their current position, which presumably is close their original location. Quoting Bishop Trollope Wake noted that the figures were both male, wearing a tight fitting tunic and hood of a type which was common in the 14th century. On top of this is a surcote; one having loose sleeves reaching to the elbow, the other with long and narrow lapett (or liripipes) which hang from the sleeves. These were worn by men and women from this period. The figure on the north has a dog as a cushion for his feet and a coat of which includes '3 Unicorn Heads, couped' the families who used this device in the 14th century; Freeling, Shelley, Womville and Paris, of whom Wake could find no record within the County. The device on the shield of the figure on the right is indiscernible. This figure is possibly female?
In the wall is the Berry Window beneath which is a plaque dedicated:
Under one of the chancel windows a plaque:
Towards the west end of the chancel are plaques dedicated to members of the Domenichetti family.
Beneath this is a bronze plaque which reads:
Beneath this is a brass plaque dedicated:
Next along the wall and directly opposite the north door is the south porch door with the dedication plaque:
The porch is now used for storage and a Millenium time capsule has been buried just on the porch side of this door.
Next, in the corner of the south and the west walls is the baptistry; also a plaque which reads: