For this church:
Dunham on Trent St Oswald
There are six bells hung in a cast-iron frame. The frame is a Pickford Group 8.3.A by Taylors of Loughborough made in 1952 (when the treble was recast). Prior to this date the bells had been unringable for over 50 years.
Treble: CAST BY JOHN WARNER 7 SONS LONDON 1875 RECAST 1952
2nd: CAST BY JOHN WARNER 7 SONS LONDON 1864 PATENT
3rd: ALEX CAVE UIC STE HUSBUND C:W: MDDXXVIII
4th: RECAST BY JOHN WARNER 7 SONS LONDON 1862
5th: TAYLORS OF LOUGHBOROUGH 1918 INSTALLED HERE 2003 IN MEMORY OF D. & M.W, A & R.B, M.M, M.M, R.P.
Tenor: GOD SAVE OVR CHVRCH 1615 GL
The 3rd bears one of the Nottinghamshire foundry borders but is by Daniel Hedderly.
The tenor bears the initials of George Lee, one of the foundry foremen who worked under Henry II Oldfield of Nottingham.
In 1552 there were 'Four saunce...'
In 1740 there were three bells.