For this church:
There is a western tower containing a ring of 6 bells, noted as follows;
They are hung in a low sided cast-iron frame for 6 bells, made by Taylors in 1923. All the bells are without canons and have metal headstocks and ball bearings. They are also all by the Taylors, though at various times.
Originally there was a ring of 3 bells:
The treble and 2nd were cast by Henry II Oldfield, the treble having the badge used by George Lees. The tenor was an interesting bell which appears to have been dated. This has been interpreted as 1555 and if so shows the clear use of the Mellours Rose and shield, by the successors to Mellours, Humphrey Quernbie, Robert Mellours' son-in-law who appears to have been casting from 1525 up to his death in 1565.
In 1893 the 2nd bell became cracked and the parish authorities commissioned Messrs White of Appleton to effect repairs and to augment them to 4 in the key of G sharp. The frame at this time was a 4 bell frame with one pit against each wall. Whether this was old or provided in 1893 is not clear, but by 1920 it was in need of replacement and Taylors did the work, recasting the 2 old bells and adding a new treble. At this time they were converted into a minor key with the idea of adding a heavier tenor, which duly occurred in 1935.
1552: 2 bells
The symbols and badges can be found in Dawson’s ‘The Church Bells of Nottinghamshire'.