For this church:
A bell (12cwt) containing a lever clapper, by Messrs. Mears of London, was temporarily hung in the belfry in 1871. However, it appears that the bell was removed in around 1873.
In July 1944, following a donation from an anonymous donor, engineers installed apparatus that would allow the sound of bells to toll once more from St. Andrew's Church. Recordings of the bells of York Minster, Westminster Abbey, St. Martin’s in the Field and Bow Church were played through a gramophone which was amplified by eight loud speakers fitted in the belfry. The apparatus may have been fitted in preparation for celebrations to mark the end of the Second World War, with the Reverend Robert Deaville stating his desire to hear, ‘church bells ringing for joy when the great day comes’.