For this church:
Weston All Saints
Official Listing Description
The following are listed:
Parish church. C13, C14, C15, C16, restored 1768 and C19. Coursed rubble and coursed squared rubble, lead and slab roofs. Ashlar dressings, dressed stone quoins, rubble plinths, crenellated parapets. West tower and spire, nave, north and south aisles, chancel, south porch. West tower. 2 stages. C13 and C14, has string course and decorated eaves band with 4 gargoyles and restored crenellated parapet. Octagonal setback rubble spire with finial and weathercock. Remains of corner buttress to south east, single setoff, engaged with south aisle. First stage has to south, clock. To west, C19 single lancet, and above, plain rectangular light. Second stage has 4 C14 double lancet bell openings with cusped ogee heads with quatrefoils and hood moulds with mask stops. Nave clerestory, C16, 4 bays, has to north 4 crocketed pinnacles, restored, and to south 3 pinnacles. East gable with cross. Each side has 4 C16 triple lancets, 2 with round and 2 with pointed heads, in plain square reveals. North aisle, 4 bays, has remains of sill band and 2 irregular plain buttresses, 2 setoffs. C20 external stack at west end. To west, blocked chamfered pointed arched doorway flanked to east by 2 and to west by single restored late C14 triple lancets with cusped ogee heads and chamfered mullions and reveals. West end has a C15 triple lancet with ogee heads, panel tracery, splayed mullions and reveal and hood mould with mask stops. East end has late C14 triple lancet with ogee heads, restored Decorated tracery with fleurons, chamfered mullions and reveal. South aisle, 4 bays, has 2 coped gables and 3 irregular buttresses, 2 setoffs. East end has late C14 triple lancet with ogee heads, Decorated tracery with mouchettes, chamfered and splayed reveal and mullions. West end has a similar lancet restored C20. South side has to east, 2 C15 partly restored double lancets with ogee heads, Decorated tracery, splayed mullions and splayed and rebated reveals. To west a late C14 restored triple lancet of similar design, with square headed reveal. Chancel, 2 bays, has moulded eaves band and crenellated east gable with cross. East end has 2 C19 diagonal buttresses, 2 setoffs. North side has to west, restored C15 quadruple lancet with ogee heads, Decorated tracery with mouchettes, chamfered square headed reveal and hood mould with mask stops. East end has a restored C14 quadruple lancet with cusped heads and Decorated tracery, splayed mullions and reveal and hood mould with mask stops. South side has central C15 priest's door with chamfered reveal with four centred arched head and hood mould with mask stops. Traceried panelled door. Flanked by single C15 triple lancets with ogee heads, Decorated tracery, hood moulds and mask stops. South porch, C14, restored, has deep moulded and chamfered plinth, chamfered eaves, 2 diagonal buttresses to south, single setoff. Slab roof with roll moulded ridge. Coped gables with kneelers and cross. South doorway has restored cove and roll moulded reveal with single column imposts, moulded capitals and bases. Coved hood mould. Each side has a single chamfered lancet. Interior has moulded eaves and ridge. South inner doorway C14 with cove and roll mouldings with fillets. Nave arcades, late C13, 4 bays, octagonal piers with moulded bases and capitals, one with dogtooth. 4 octagonal imposts with mask corbels. Double chamfered and rebated arches. Restored C15 principal rafter roof with moulded principal timbers, the ridge inscribed 'J W 1768 R W'. C19 corbels carrying C19 moulded tie beams with arch braces and struts to ridge. Tower arch, C14, double chamfered and rebated, dying into chamfered surround. C20 timber screen with central door and above, leaded light. Tower chamber has cleft timber ladder to bell stage. Bells dated 1550, 1646, 1880. North aisle has window with stained glass panel, 1978, and east window with stained glass panel, 1973. C19 lean- to roof on corbels, with moulded arch braces and principal timbers. South aisle has on south side, remains of stoup with ogee head. Roof like north aisle with 4 re-used corbels. Chancel arch, C14, double chamfered and rebated, with moulded octagonal imposts with beast corbels. North side hasrestored double cusped head recess. East end has window with patterned C19 stained glass. C19 principal rafter roof with chamfered timbers and foliate bosses. Fittings include plain C12 tub font with chamfered round base, restored C18 fielded panelled timber pulpit with stencilled decoration, and C20 timber eagle lectern with octagonal traceried panelled stem. C19 traceried and billeted benches incorporating 21 C15 traceried panelled bench ends. 2 C19 benches with fleur de lys finials, incorporating C17 and C18 plain, traceried and carved panels. Carved and panelled C19 clergy desk. 2 C17 arm chairs with chip carved panelled backs. C18 iron bound parish chest. Single C19 stacked tube radiator. Memorials include inscribed marble tablet, 1729, by Paul Jenkinson to Prudence Fiennes. Marble and slate tablet, 1896. Brass and slate war memorial tablet, byrass, 1929, roll of honour, 2 small C20 memorials.
Sundial. 1795. On base of former village cross. Ashlar. Tapered octagonal shaft with broach stops, carrying brass dial inscribed 'G S 1795'.