For this church:
Orston St Mary
The clock is mounted on the second stage of the tower south wall and the dial is black with gilded Roman numerals and hands.
The clock is a mechanically wound, hourly chime, seven day pendulum mechanism, made by G&F Cope & Co. of Nottingham. The movement is of flatbed construction, where the main frame is constructed of a solid cast iron casting with the wheel bearings bolted to it, unlike earlier turret clocks where the frame containing the wheels was fabricated from several posts and strips of cast iron, and before that, wrought iron.
It was presented to the church by John A Price in 1921, as ‘A remembrance of life given and a thank offering for life preserved’ during the First World War. A plaque commemorating the event can be found on the tower south wall, inside the church, facing the main door.