For this church:
East Bingham Deanery
Saxondale Psychiatric Hospital site contains a small chapel, built in 1902 to the designs of E W Roberts, the then County Architect, for use by former hospital staff and patients until 1988. The small, revivalist style building, with gothic fittings, has been retained as a church since the development of housing on the site, and is now is home to Wellspring CGC (Christian Growth Centre).
The church is a brick-built, cruciform structure, comprising nave with north and south porches, north and south transepts, and chancel with adjuncts at the south-west and north-west angles. The west wall and side walls of the transepts have triple lancet windows of 1902 in the Early English style, and this is echoed by the rest of the building’s windows, mainly as paired lancets. There is a small central flèche above the centre of the nave. The interior roof is an impressive hammerbeam design, set on deep brackets. The chancel arch is now blocked with a single, modern doorway leading into the former chancel space.