For this church:
St Christopher’s Mission Church
Nottingham South Deanery
A corrugated iron mission church was erected at the south-western end of Meadow Lane in 1885 to serve the growing population of this part of Sneinton parish.
A rapidly growing congregation resulted in the church being enlarged by the addition of north and south transepts and the lengthening of the nave in the following year.
However, within a few years the decision was made to relocate the mission church to a vacant site on Colwick Road on which Sneinton St Christopher would be built in 1910. The original church on Meadow Lane was finally closed without ceremony some time in 1901-2 and was then used for many years for commercial purposes.
No picture of this church is known. The image on this page is a section of a stained-glass window (actually in Ramsgate Church) depicting the Victorian architect Augustus Pugin.
Particular thanks to Doug Fletcher for research on this entry