For this church:
Newark and Southwell Deanery
Inside the church is a splendid Norman north arcade of two restored bays. Much of the rest is Early English, including the south arcade of 3 bays.
The church is of stone, consisting of a chancel, clerestoried nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled tower with pinnacles and 5 bells, two of the dated 1642. The clerestory (3 windows either side) and the nave roof, with carved bosses and angels, are Perpendicular, as is the screen. The chancel has lancet windows and a very pretty double piscina. There are eleven medieval pews.
The font is partly Early English and there is a holy water stoop, two aumbries and a medieval oak chest. There is a fine incised slab to William Meryng, dated 1510.
The church was partly restored in 1871; the tower and porch were repaired and the chancel renovated in 1898.
Another item of interest is the Jacobean oak table, now the south aisle altar.