The western stone tower contains a ring of six bells.
||H.H. REYNOLDS, 1919
THE GIFT OF THE PARISH, EVER MINDFUL OF THE MERCY OF
GOD AND THE VALOUR OF ITS SONS WHO FOUGHT IN
THE GREAT WAR.
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
GIVEN BY S. PLOWRIGHT IN LOVING MEMORY OF
HIS WIFE HANNAH WHO FELL ASLEEP JUNE 2nd 1918
||PRESENTED BY H.H. REYNOLDS TO COMMEMORATE THE GLORIOUS PEACE OF 1919
||WILLIAM HARISON AND WILLIAM WODWORTH 1617
IHS BE OVR SPED
GIVEN BY J.J. SHEPPARD IN MEMORY OF
WHO WERE KILLED IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1918
No 2 bell
Hung in a cast-iron frame, 5 bells in H-frames and the treble in a low-sided
pit above, by Taylors in 1919 when they augmented the bells from 2 to 6.
Stretton in 1816 noted 3 bells.
1. [As 5 above]
2. This bell has a very pretty initial cross and pattern round it.
3. [As 4 above]
….besides a small sermon bell with no inscription….
This second bell became cracked and was removed and disposed of by 1900.
The sermon bell is also lost.
The bells are still rung from time to time.
looking west -
the sacristan's window
is visible above
up of the
High in the west wall of the nave is a small window to a room part way up
the tower, which can be accessed by a set of steep worn steps in the stair
turret. From here, the sacristan could watch the ceremonies below and in the
chancel, ringing the sanctus bell as appropriate.