For this church:
Newark and Southwell Deanery
The present church is Victorian, but it replaced a Norman church which, from the early fifteenth century, was held jointly with Kneesall.
The two were not separated until 1866 when Boughton became a perpetual curacy, and plans were drawn up for a new church in 14th Century style. This was built in the 1860s and dedicated in 1868.
Since 1987 the benefice of Boughton has been united with Ollerton.
Particular thanks to Bryan Frettsome for research on this entry