For this church:
Cossall St Catherine
Features and Fittings
Behind the altar table is an early 20th century reredos finely carved with flowers and foliage. The carving is credited to Alfred Burrows, a Cossall resident. A terrier dated 1910 mentions that the carving is the work of the village carving class.
To the south of the altar below a small arched recess is a fourteenth century piscina with a single round bowl. According to Stretton, the piscina was originally located in the south wall of the south aisle, formerly a chantry.
The altar rail appears to be oak with carved tracery panels that possibly date from the rebuilding in 1842-43.
There is a small plain octagonal stone font with chamfered top, which stands on a carved oak pedestal with brass presentation plaque:
The octagonal stone font, according to Billson, is 15th century with panelled battement design, set on an octagonal base with quatrefoil panels. Immediately below the panelled battlement design are interesting grotesque carvings of what appear to be animal and human faces, and foliage.
The unidentified organ is located in an arched recess within the west tower.
The skeleton pulpit is 19th century.
Above the chancel arch is a cast iron, painted, Royal Coat of Arms of 1816-37.
On either side of the chancel arch are two 19th century commandment boards, one featuring The Creed and the other the Ten Commandments.
On the north and south aisle walls are two 19th century scrolled crosses.
In the north aisle on the north wall, in between the two windows, is a cased and illustrated Roll of Honour dedicated to the men and women of the Parish of Cossall who served and those who made the supreme sacrifice during the 1939-1945 World War.