For this church:
Initially they were hung for swing chiming in a poor quality pine frame for 5 bells, but this only ever held 2 bells. The bells were rehung with new fittings in 1976 by Taylors (the original headstocks and clappers are on the west wall of the tower). Both bells are of similar character and clearly by one founder c1325-50. Stylistically there is one important difference in that the treble has a normal smooth curved interior whilst the tenor has a 2" flat portion on the inside of the lip.
In 1552 it was recorded that: “… two bells… hanging in the styple…”