For this church:
Greasley St Mary
Features and Fittings
The Pulpit is stone and quite plain.
Two flags hang in the north aisle. The Union flag and that of the Royal Air Force.
During the second world war, the Vicar of Greasley was Chaplain to the RAF station at Watnall.
The entrance screen is modern, in light oak, metal and glass, fitted where the tower joins the nave entrance and known as the West Porch Doorway.
It was installed as a memorial to Rev. Phillip Geoffrey Walker and his wife Barbara and funded by family, friends, donations from parishioners and the Parochial Church Council. The Archdeacon of Nottingham dedicated it on October 22, 1989.
The Altar rails are of light oak, turned balusters, eighteen each side. No gate in central opening.
The reredos is stone, fitted oak surrounds extending across the full width of the chancel. Painted wooden inserts depict Christ in the centre with the four Evangelists, two on each side of him. This was first set up in 1896 but was restored in 1948 when the east window was fitted and the chancel became a war memorial chapel.
The choir benches are of light oak, two longer and two shorter each side of the chancel.
A Sanctuary area has been created in front of the Chancel screen of four portable rails, two of about 2.0m and two slightly shorter, in light oak.
The Sanctuary area and all its furnishings were given by family, friends and parishioners in 1976 in memory of Barbara Isabel Walker, wife of the Rev Philip Walker. It was dedicated by the Bishop of Southwell in December 1976. Space for this Sanctuary was made by removing the first three rows of pews on each side of the nave and placing them at the end of the aisles facing inwards, replacing small flat side pews. Three small pews have been removed at the western end of the north aisle to create a library/resource area.