Stained glass window section


St Aidan’s Mission Church

Newark Archdeaconry

Mansfield Deanery


The mission church of St. Aidan’s was dedicated and opened in February 1908.

It was a daughter church of St Mark in Mansfield, and was built on a green field site on Victoria Street to serve this rapidly growing part of the town.

In 1956 the mission church was closed. It was demolished in 1960.

Particular thanks to Doug Fletcher for research on this entry
and to Martin Gorner for the photographs