 Meden ValeSt Hilda’s Mission ChurchNewark Archdeaconry Mansfield Deanery Introduction
A mission church dedicated to St Hilda was erected in 1929-30 in the eastern part of Warsop parish to serve Welbeck Colliery Village (now known as Meden Vale).
The church was dedicated by the Bishop of Southwell on 4 January 1930. A newspaper report on the event described the church as 'a simple brick building [with] a bright and pleasing interior, and is lit by electricity.'
The church was closed by the mid-1970s and later demolished.
Particular thanks to Andy Nicholson for research on this entry
and to the Old Warsop Society for the photograph
|