For this church:
Blyth St Mary and St Martin
The clock dates from 1886 and was made by John Smith & Sons of Derby. It is one of their flatbed models with three trains, Going, Striking and Ting Tang Chimes. In addition the clock is fitted with a pinwheel escapement and zinc - iron compensated pendulum and is capable of accurate timekeeping.
The clock is still hand-wound three times per week and is in good original condition.
The clock dial is on the south side of the tower.
Thanks to Robin Hutchinson, DAC Clock Adviser, for the information on the clock.