For this church:
Clipstone All Saints
Features and Fittings
This consists of a carved golden oak frame of four plain Doric style pilasters to the front and rear elevations. The facia above each large ovolo and abacus has an ionic cross entered upon its face. The whole supporting a horizontal architrave suitably shaped with further ovolo, corona, and cyma recta with upper fillet of the table proper.
The altar is dressed with the liturgical colours and suitable seasonal pictures mounted between these pilasters and a simple white cotton cover over the top of the altar table proper.
Nave Communion rail
These rails are provided in golden oak on the north/west and southern sides of the nave altar with access gates to the front. Support is gained from turned dark stained timber supports strategically fitted in positions along the rail length. An embroidered sectioned grey cushion kneeler is provided along the length of the altar step.
Miners’ Chapel altar
This altar is of a similar size to the nave altar. The altar frontal covers the whole external area and supporting frame.
Chapel Communion rail
This is fitted across the front of the Chapel step and is of golden oak with matching square supporting columns. A cushion kneeler is provided.
Chapel Communion table
A dark oak stained small rectangular table in a Gothic design with arch tracery on front panel.
This has been moved from its previous position at the rear of the nave to its current position at the south-east of the common communion rail, still within the nave area. The style reciprocates that of the altar and the nave columns in that the stone font bowl is supported on four Doric columns whose facia extend into the upper ovolo and fillet of the rim. A circular dark stained timber lid is provided with a metallic cross with fleur-de-lyss terminals and twisted lifting ring to the centre.
The font dates from the 19th century and was donated by Bingham St Mary and All Saints after the old font was restored to use in 1926.
A plain style stone pulpit is at the north side of the chancel archway. The base is circular and has diminutive columns with scallop capitals. A brass and wood book-rest and light is fitted onto the upper stone ovolo rail and fillet.
The rood is suspended on steel chains from the roof above the altar and bears a depiction of Christ crucified on the cross. Each of the laterals has a grotesque depicted, an angel to the head and eagle at the foot. The angle at which it is fitted emphasises the Passion particularly over this part of the church.
The hanging rood was provided in memory of John Edward Hedley, churchwarden, 1888-1959.
Two Glastonbury style chairs are in the chancel adorned with patterned cushions.
The main seating within the nave consists of standard separate chapel seats of the period of construction.
These run east to west at the side of the organ within the nave and are made from dark stained pine.
There is a small plaque on a stall end that reads:
Hymn and Psalm number boards
These boards of golden oak are fitted each side of the chancel arch columns with black stained lettering. Each has a pseudo brass plaque indicating:
Stations of the Cross
The Stations depict in coloured plaster and carved wood roundels for each Station event. These are mounted on horizontal stained oak brackets and fitted around the periphery of the nave area between the windows, commencing numerically at the organ.
Madonna and Child
Two fine golden oak framed notice boards with red fabric baseboards are placed on the west wall of the nave, the bottom rail of each is inscribed:
The Miners' Memorial
The coal was brought into the church on a specially built railway track, on the bogie where it now sits.