Kimberley Holy Trinity

Features and Fittings


The chancel looking east The chancel looking east

Altar – wooden table

Reredos – ornate stone now covered with plan oak panelling

Reading desks – wooden, late 20th century

Choir stalls – wooden

Communion rails – originally metal but replaced by oak ones in 1937

Communion table - wooden


Font Lectern

Placed in the southwest corner of the nave is the baptistry. The stone font has an elegant oak cover, provided by the Mothers’ Union in 1949, which replaced the original flat wooden cover. The font is original to the church, and was initially placed under the second window along from the south-west corner. It has since been moved along to a position below the first window.

Pulpit – original and 1937 replacement are wooden

Lectern – originally a wooden one replaced by brass eagle on a brass column c.1911

Wooden, painted board above the west door:

This Church was erected in
1847, and contains accommodation for 521
persons. A grant of £400 in aid of its
erection was made by the Incorporated
Society for promoting the enlargement,
building, and repairing of Churches
and Chapels on condition that the seats for 521
persons described on the annexed plan
should be set apart and declared to be free and
unappropriated for ever.

Rev. John Hides. Minister.
W.C.Gething }  
  } Churchwardens
Thomas Chambers }