For this church:
Monuments and Memorials
'A neat and suitable tablet of marble ... by Mr. Marshall of Newark' was erected in Christ Church in December 1855 to the memory of the Rev. Robert Simpson, the first Perpetual Curate of the church. The Stamford Mercury recorded that the inscription on the tablet read:
In 1860 a 'neat tablet by Mr. Marshall, of Newark' was erected in the west aisle of Christ Church, in memory of the late Dr. Thompson. According to the Grantham Journal of 29 September 1860 the inscription read:
On 3 October 1897 a tablet was unveiled to the memory of the Rev H A Jukes 'whose seventeen years' ministry [was] held in affectionate regard by the parishioners.'
The Lincolnshire Chronicle newspaper of 22 November 1907 reported on the erection of a bronze memorial tablet to the memory of the late Mr Edward Thompson Simmons, who 'was for many years assistant overseer for the borough of Newark, and prior to that was headmaster of the Southwell (Notts) and Christ Church, Newark, National Schools.'