For this church:
In November 1839 an organ was presented by William Gladstone, who was Newark’s MP at the time. It was located in the gallery over the entrance door.
A new organ was donated by Mrs Frances Hall, a member of the congregation, in 1880. The Nottingham Evening Post, reporting on the special services held on 30 December to mark the installation of the organ in the chancel, provides some details:
The organ has 24 stops, two complete manuals, and an independent pedal organ. It has been built by Messrs J F Harston and Sons, of Newark, from a specification prepared by Mr. R. Fisher, the organist of the church, and has cost £350.
The original organ was donated to Long Bennington church, Lincolnshire.
The organ was rebuilt and enlarged with a new console when it was moved over to the new church in 1956. Plaques relating to the two organs were also transferred to the new church at the same time.