The church consists of west tower, nave, chancel and south aisle. It was ‘much restored and enlarged’ in 1864, possibly by the architect Ewan Christian.
The west tower is un-buttressed and embattled with a pyramidal roof; the south wall has a single trefoil with clock dial above
The north nave wall has a four-centred arched blocked doorway to the west and two 15th century windows
The chancel was restored in 1864 and has two square-headed windows in the north wall
The south chapel/chancel south aisle was added in 1864; the south wall has a horizontal window of four quatrefoils with a doorway to the west of it
The south nave wall contains two arched windows each with three arched lights, hood mould and worn figurative label stops. The moulded arched south doorway has a hood mould with head label stops.
The inner chamfer of the double chamfered chancel arch is supported on engaged octagonal columns with moulded capitals
The tower arch is double chamfered
The chancel/south aisle arcade dates from 1864 and has a shaped column decorated with crocketed capitals, and double chamfered arches supported at east and west by similarly decorated imposts
Unusually, the south aisle of the nave is without an arcade.