For this church:
Monuments and Memorials
There were two 17th century monuments on the north wall of the chancel. The Listing Description, written in 1967, describes them as follows:
'On the north chancel wall is a monument to William Reason, 16, decorated on the crown with a broken pediment and decorative cartouche, and on the apron with skulls and crossbones. There is a further monument to William Mellish, 1690, the sides being decorated with stiff swags, the apron with cherubs' heads and the crown with an arch surmounted by 2 urns and a central decorative cartouche.'
Chadwick (1924) provides the inscriptions of both monuments:
William Reason (died 1627)
William Mellish (died 1690)
Pevsner (1979) attributes the Mellish monument to William Stanton.
After the church was closed for worship in 1993 the Reason monument was moved to the south wall of the tower of Fledborough St Gregory.
The Mellish monument is now in St Andrew's church, Holborn, London, where he was originally interred before his wife had his body transferred to Ragnall as described in the inscription above.
In addition there were several floorstones recorded by Chadwick (1924). In the chancel:
William Mellish and Dorothy his wife
Robert Mellish Esq.
In the nave:
Eliza Moore, wife of Thomas Moore, who departed this life April 13, 1728