For this church:
Spion Kop Mission Church
This small church was opened in 1930 as a mission church of St. Peter and St. Paul, Warsop and served a little community living mainly on a single street. It was built by the local community who worked in their spare time, mostly weekends and evenings, led by a local resident, Mr. Illett, who was an experienced bricklayer.
In the early 1960s the church was closed and with its adjoining land was sold for £14,000.
Particular thanks to Doug Fletcher for research on this entry and for the photographs