Car Colston
St Mary

Glass

Click the blue numbers on the key below for details of each window

Key to windows

1Five light with mid-fourteenth-century tracery, plain glass.

2Three light with mid-fourteenth-century tracery, plain glass.

3Three light with mid-fourteenth-century tracery. Design by Kempe 1880s, depicting three archangels:

 
Left light:
  St Raphael
 
Centre light:
  St Michael
 
Right light:
  St Gabriel

Tracery decorated with coats of arms.

Inscription reads:

In reverentiam Dei et in piam memorium Henrici Girardot quit obiit XXVIII die mensis Julii A.D. mdccclxxi et Caroli Nassau Girardot qui obiit XXII die Decembris mdccclxxii haec fenestra posita est mdccclxxv

4Two light with quatrefoil tracery, modern twentieth-century coloured glass, maker not known.

5Two light window, design by Peter Cormack 1993

 
Left light:
  Virgin Mary and Christ Child
 
Right light:
  Saint George

Inscription reads:

Given in memory of Lt Col Richard Booth 1893-1983 late 8th Gurkha Rifles 1A and of his wife Mary Dorothy 1896-1967 by their daughters Elizabeth Mary Blagg and Margaret Annette Schautz.

6Two light window with clear glass

7Square-headed window, with two lights of plain glass.

8Two light with plain glass.

9Three light with Victorian glass, no maker’s name visible.

 
Left light:
  St Peter
 
Centre light:
  Christ with lamb
 
Right light:
  St Paul

Inscribed across bottom of design:

This window was erected in memory fondly cherished of the Rev George Christopher Hodgkinson MA Rector of Screveton born Sept 13 1815 died April 25th 1880 by a few attached friends.

10Two light window with tracery, filled with plain glass.

11Three light with mid-fourteenth-century tracery, plain glass.

12Three light with mid-fourteenth-century tracery, plain glass.

There are also three small clerestory windows, two lights each, near the top of the south nave wall.