For this church:
Kingston on Soar St Winifred
There are six bells, all cast at Taylor’s bell foundry, Loughborough. They are hung in a cast-iron frame, Pickford Type 8.3C: ‘H’ castings mounted on beams and braced above.
According to Magill when the tower was built in 1900 provision was made for eight bells.
Three bells, the current tenors, were hung in 1900. A fourth bell (the current third) was added as a parish war memorial, and two more were added afterwards.
The bells were re-hung in 1975 on modern bearings due to original bearings being severely worn. The Southwell Diocesan Guild of Bell Ringers made a grant for the work.
Details are as follows:
Prior to 1900 there were two bells, one without inscription, and one by C & G Mears and dated 1850.
In 1628, one John Hudson was presented to the Archdeacon for the following misdemeanour:
…and also for ringing the bell in the church out of order and turning them over and sometimes leaving them standing on end and the wind blowing them down in the night as though something were amiss by fire in the town.