For this church:
Clayworth St Peter
The churchyard covers an area of 0.3 hectares.
There is a low wall of rockfaced ashlar and large dressed stone on the south and east sides of the churchyard; the wall to the north is of brick. The main entrance, consisting of ashlar gate piers with a wrought iron overthrow and cross is on the south. The overthrow is inscribed 'June 1897'. On the west side of the churchyard there is also a wicket gate with a wrought iron overthrow. The wall and gates are listed.
A large boulder is embedded in the wall on the corner of Town Street and Church Lane. A local legend claims that the boulder was placed there by navvies constructing the Chesterfield Canal in the 18th century in memory of one of their colleagues who had been killed.
The church is located approximately in the centre of the churchyard with burials on the south, west and north sides of the building.
A new cemetery was opened c.1900 a short distance away on Church Lane on land historically associated with the Rector of Clayworth. There is a timber lych gate with a pantile roof at the south-western corner of the cemetery. An inscription has been carved over the entrance:
Inside, there is an inscription on a metal plaque that reads: