For this church:
Colston Bassett St John the Divine
The organ described as ‘architectural’ was built by Norman & Beard in 1908. It is situated on the south side of the chancel adjacent to the choir stalls, the pipes project from the wall above, the console is within a recess with an ogee aperture which was possibly the founders tomb.
The organ is listed on the National Organ Register as follows:
© The British Institute of Organ Studies 2014 (BIOS)
Nottinghamshire Colston Bassett, St. John the Divine [N01763]
Anglican Parish Church
Builders: 1908, Norman & Beard Ltd
Department and Stop list
Pedalboard: concave radiating
The control is by small black tilting tablets over the keys, on the upper part of which is a large ivory disc with the name on it; on the lower part a small disc with pitch marked.
Swell to Pedal
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Accessories: 2 composition pedals Great, 2 Swell
The stop control is a near relative of the disc-and-button style adopted occasionally by N&B – eg Saffron Walden, Emmanuel College, Cambridge, Banbury (this one by H,N&B).