For this church:
Colwick Old Church
Brown, C. A History of Nottinghamshire, 1896.
Cook, A. History of Colwick, c.1972.
Dawson, G. The Church Bells of Nottinghamshire, Pt 1.
Evening Post 12.4.1978
Fellows, G. Arms, armour and alabaster round Nottingham, 1907.
Fellows, G. 'Colwick Church and Monuments', Transactions of the Thoroton Society, Vol 19, 1915.
Gill, H. Church windows in Nottinghamshire, Transactions of the Thoroton Society Vol 20, 1916.
Guildford, E. L. Nottinghamshire in 1676, Transactions of the Thoroton Society Vol 28, 1924.
Kelly’s Directory of Nottinghamshire, 1922.
Local Notes and Queries, 3 November 1906, 26 February 1937.
Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire, 1979.
Phillimore, W. P. W. County Pedigrees: Nottinghamshire, 1910.
Plan of burial ground 1885 (Nottinghamshire Archives PR 9135/2)
Plowman, D. Survey of Ruined and Redundant Churches in Nottinghamshire, 1977 (Nottinghamshire Archives DD954/4)
Simpson, R. State of the Church in the County of Nottingham, 1836.
Thoroton/Throsby – Antiquities of Nottinghamshire.
Trent Valley Archaeological Research Committee - Survey of gravestones at St John’s Church. c.1978 (Nottinghamshire Archives DD 956/214)
Truman, N. - Ancient glass in Nottinghamshire. Transactions of the Thoroton Society Vol 51 1947.
Watts, M – Religion in Victorian Nottingham – 1851 census.
White - Nottinghamshire Directory 1864
Drawing for stained glass window - Nottinghamshire Archives PR 9204/5