For this church:
St Aidan’s mission church was built on the green meadows in the most western part of St George’s parish. The lands had previously been extra-parochial in the ownership of the Duke of Newcastle as part of the grounds of Nottingham Castle.
Very little is recorded about St Aidan’s mission. The earliest acknowledgement of its existence is a reference in December 1900 to St George’s church needing to raise funds to meet a debt of £100 on ‘St Aidan’s Mission Room.’ There is a further mention in St George’s parish magazine of 1904, recording that St Aidan’s Sunday School was attended by 32 children. The following year 134 children and 11 adults were baptized.
In 1907 the parish magazine informed parishioners that the debt incurred with the building or acquisition of St Aidan’s had been paid. In the same year another edition of the parish magazine mentioned the re-opening of St Aidan’s, indicating that for some unexplained reason it had been closed.
An advert for the sale of the mission church appeared in the Nottingham Daily Express of 14 March 1914:
ALL THAT LARGE AND SUBSTANTIAL FREEHOLD BUILDING situate on the north-west side at Middle Furlong-Road, The Meadows, Nottingham, known as St. Aidan's Mission Room. The structure, which is timber-built and covered, both roof and sides, with corrugated iron, is in excellent condition. The premises comprise a large hall or room, about 20 yards long and 6 yards wide, with a raised platform at one end, and a class-room containing fixed cupboard separated from the main room by a sliding door. There is a lobby entrance from Middle Furlong-road and another entrance at the side. Gas and water are laid on, and suitable fittings are provided. Total area, 311 square yards.
No images of the mission church have been found.