For this church:
The Organ has been moved from its original position twice, once in 1896 when it was moved to a chamber over where it originally stood to make a choir vestry and then again in 1981 to its current position outside into the main body of the church.
The following description of the work carried out to the organ in 1896 is from the Retford Times:
The organ has undergone entire reconstruction having been rebuilt and renovated by that eminent firm of organ builders Messrs. Foster and Andrews of Hull under the charge of Mr. T. Malton and Mr. C.G. Dix of the above firm. It is a vast improvement on the old organ especially flue stops which have been entirely overhauled. One fine old stop “Keraulophan” has acquired a fine beauty of tone. The oboe is a grand improvement with rich tone. The bellow’s action is all new work and on the latest improvements.
Details of the organ are as follows:
Great:Open diapason, 8'
Swell:Double diapason, 16'
Pedal:Grand open diapason, 16'
Couplers:Swell to Great