View of the church from the west

Stanton Hill

All Saints

Newark Archdeaconry

Newstead Deanery


This small sandstone church is a Chapel of Ease to Skegby St Andrew and was built in 1899-1900.

It consists of nave, chancel, organ chamber, vestry, two porches (with modern wood doors) and toilet. The roof is covered by concrete tiles and decorated with three crosses at the gable ends.

There are seven pointed windows in between seven buttresses on the south side of the nave and six of each on the north side. Also a five-light window at the west end and a three-light window at the south-west corner. In front of the west end in the small garden surrounding the church is a stone war memorial in the shape of a cross.

A stone turret on the north side contains one bell.

Particular thanks to Dr Chris Brooke, Amy Calladine and Andy Nicholson for research on this entry
and to Geoff Buxton for the photographs.