For this church:
Staunton St Mary
There is now no working clock at the church. However, the mechanism of a clock made by Richard Roe of Epperston survives within the tower. The clock was originally made in 1707 for the dial in the south aisle of St. Mary’s Church, Nottingham and when it was replaced in 1807 it was purchased by Dr. Staunton, Rector of Staunton, for £10 and brought to Staunton Church. An inscription along part of the frame reads:
The clock case is covered with pencil graffiti from the 19th and early 20th centuries made by stable boys who came to wind the clock.