For this church:
The church comprises west tower with spire, nave, south aisle, south porch and chancel.
The core fabric dates from the C14 and C15.
The chancel was restored in 1866-7 by G. E. Street. Kelly's Directory of Nottinghamshire (1904) summarises the various restoration works in the late 19th century:
'... the church was partially restored in 1877, and was further restored in 1886, when the church was refloored, new oak benches were placed in the nave and a new roof put on the south aisle, at a cost of over £500; the spire having been injured by lightning, was restored in 1893 at a cost of £30...'
Pevsner (2020) suggests that the 1877 and 1886 restorations were supervised by Nottingham architect, T. C. Hine, and that the architect C. M. Oldrid Scott worked here in the 1930s.
'Excellent high unaisled chancel of the late C14 with tall windows' (Pevsner, 1979).
C15 clerestory has six windows on both sides; each window has three arched lights under a flat arch.
South porch with parapet and clasping pilaster buttresses added in 1693; the capitals support an entablature.
The damaged inscription on the keystone reads:
Impressively high and narrow double-chamfered chancel arch (the inner chamfer supported on two corbels).