Basford St Aidan


Click on any thumbnail image to display the full-size picture

Historical Photographs:

The church from the
south-west, c.1910
The east end in 1935,
after the insertion of
the Hutchinson window
The east end in 1948 The east end in
the early 1960s
before the re-ordering

Modern Photographs:

View from the south-west View from the south-east,
across the small churchyard
View from the north-east,
showing the never-completed east end
The chancel now
The west end, showing
the current location of the organ
The pulpit and War Memorial Side-chapel reredos
(also World War II Memorial)
The one carving in the
church from its first building
Sculpture by Witold Kawalec
of Rev K Cook,
representing Guidance
Dedication stone near the altar,
placed in 1967
The Mothers’ Union memorial The Parkin window